- To equip postgraduate students with an integrated set of skills that will allow them to develop their professional careers in Information Technology.
- To equip students with the theoretical and practical knowledge that is necessary to enable them to understand the design of complex computer applications/ science
- The programme also prepares students to embrace future developments in the field and has a demonstrated professional relevance
- The programme helps students to acquire the latest skills and build their future capabilities using world-class technology. At the end of this programme, the student will possess a strong foundation of computer systems and information technology
- Dexterity in advanced programming languages; power to build sophisticated software for a wide area of applications
- Skills to work with higher end applications in internet technologies; also managerial ability to analyze, design, develop and to maintain software development.
3 year Graduation
Minimum: 3 years (6 semesters).
Maximum: 6 years.
(a) 3 year graduation and six month Computer course from a reputed institution*. Additional Fees: In addition to the normal fees, an additional lateral entry fee of Rs. 3, 800/- (including examination fees) is payable by the students opting under this scheme.Note: In this Lateral Entry Scheme, students have to appear and pass the First Semester Examination. The University will supply books of First semester and Internal Assessment will be completed at the Learning centre.
Provision for Re-entry to third semester of MCA
Eligibility: PGDCA of SMU ( Revised Fall 2007) Semester Fee : Rs. 12, 700/- per semester ( inclusive of Exam Fee Rs.800 & Alumni Fee Rs. 100/-) or as revised from time to time.
Minimum duration: 2 Years ( 4 semesters) Maximum duration: 4 Years
Note:A maximum gap of one year is allowed for the student to get admitted under this scheme after completing of PGDCA.Lateral entry to the third semester of MCA :
(a) BCA/BSc (IT/CS/AIT) /BE/BTech (IT/CS/E&C/E&E) from a recognised University. This category is not eligible for exit qualification for MSc CS.
(b) 3 year graduation with PGDCA/PGDIT or equivalent from a recognised University/successful completion of A level course from DOEACC after graduation.
(c) 3 year graduation with 2 year diploma from CMC/ET&T/NIIT/APTECH/ 2 years Advanced Diploma in IT from Centre for Electronic Design and Technology of India (CEDIT). This category is not eligible for exit qualification for MSc CS.
Additional Fees: In addition to the normal fees, an additional lateral entry fee of Rs. 3, 800/- (including examination fees) is payable by the students opting under this scheme.
Note: In this Lateral Entry Scheme, students have to appear and pass the Second Semester Examination. Books of second semester will be supplied by the University and Internal Assessment will be completed at the Learning centre.
|MC0061||Computer Programming “C Language”||4|
|MC0062||Digital Systems, Computer Organization||4|
|MC0064||Basic Web Development||4|
|MC0065||Financial Management & Accounting||4|
|Total Cumulative Credits||20|
|MC0066||Oops using C++||4|
|MC0067||Database Management System||4|
|MC0068||Data Structures using C||4|
|MC0069||System Analysis & Design (SAD)||4|
|MC0070||Operating Systems with Unix||4|
|Total Cumulative Credits||40|
|MC0074||Statistical & Numerical Methods using C++||4|
|Total Cumulative Credits||60|
|MC0076||Management Information Systems||4|
Advanced Database Systems
|MC0079||Computer Based Optimization Methods||4|
Analysis & Design of Algorithms
|Total Cumulative Credits||80|
Having placed India on the world map, this field will continue to flourish and contribute heavily to India’s GDP. Robust economy and policies has seen the Indian IT industry withstanding the global effects of recession in a large way thus paving the way for more investments in this field
|IT & IT Services||Software Engineer|
|IT & IT Services||Computer Programmer|
|IT & IT Services||Interface Engineer|
|IT & IT Services||Web Developer|
|IT & IT Services||Java Developer|
|IT & IT Services||C++ and Java Software Engineer|